Wednesday, March 16, 2011

my bestest friend

I met Nancy many years ago on line. she was a challenge. I loved to talk with her and give her a hard time.fro this we became close friends and eventually we got to meet in person. I will never forget this goof ball with her mama in Arkansas. Nanvy had a red bandana on her head and I remember telling her to take it off. Her Mama even got into this little game and no luck. me being me I just grabbed it adn stuffed it down my pants and dared her to come get it. she never did as I still have it. From there Nancy woud talk with me about things that had her concerned or if she needed some advise we would talk.
 I remember when she was dating this guy  she would call or message me adn ask questions. I would advise her or i would give her my predictions of what was going to happen. soon after i would get a call and anticipate those three little words I came to love......."I hate you"  as usuall what ever i predicted well it came true. of course whe would tell me she loved me and we would talk more. we talked about EVERYTHING!!!!  there was no topic off limits. then came the time she met her prospective husband. Nancy made the guy come meet me and I got to give him my standard talk.... you make my little girl cry I will make you cry like a little girl! thats when things started to come unravelled. My angel became someone who i didnt recognise. one night on a tip from her x i was told she was sleepin in her truck because she was too tired to drive the rest of the way home. I drove to where she was, banged on the window and she woke up with a deer in the headlight look. sh eonly rolled the window down a couple inches, so I told her if she didnt roll it all the way down I would break it. she did adn i came through it and gave her a big old hug, told her I loved her and she was going to follow me to the house. i also told her should she choose to run I would run her off the road.....it was all a threat i could not have hurt anyone. but it worked!
Nancy followed me home and got a shower adn night clothes on and i showed her her room. soon she was asleep. nexy morning I woke up and went in her room and piled in bed with her and held her and we talked. and thats it we JUST talked. I gave her some money so she could get her meds in town and told her she could stay as long as she wanted. I returned at lunch to find her upset and crying.....im not going to get into all of this but it touched me. after i held her and talked to her and soothed her she agreed to go to a Dr. appointment she did so and for that im forever glad. I also made sure that the Dr. knew that they had messed up her meds as this was NOT my nancy. Again i was always available for her to talk too adn gave her advise when she asked adn was there as a friend when she just needed to talk. we would go for a month or so at times with out talking but she always knew I was there as I always knew she was there for me. many months later i got to go visit her at her apartment and we went to unch and then to the tatoo parlor for some ink.
Nancy was the daughter i never got to have. we could talk about anything, and often did. nancy is one of those people who puts everything into a relationship. I got to see how devoted she is when her Mama got sick. Nancy gave everything into her care. I was even invited to share christmas day with her and her family. it was so fun. nancy spent alot of time and thought into each gift she gave and her mama lit up with her gifts. I remember when she passed from this earth to be with the angels. it was so very hard for Nancy as she was very close to her Mama. it took time before she could come out of her shell and even talk to me but she always knew I was there ready to talk and listen and soon she did. months later her Dad passed away.
after that nancy let me know she wanted to buy a house. she would send me links to the virtual tours and i would give my oppinion. i never did tell her which one i liked best I would not make that decision for her. soon Nancy was a proud home owner. I left that part of the country for a little while adn talk about PISSED! it hurt me that I had hurt her. when i came back we got to be even closer as I got to stay with her for a few weeks she had her room I had mine and it was so nice to cook again. it was a bit difficult as she is not a carnivour like i am but we always had something to eat. I miss all that! I have since moved from there but we are still just as close and i still have a key to the house and I know I still have my room should I need it.would i marry nancy? yep would it be interesting? yep will we marry? probibly not but I always have that to get a smile on her face....Nancy i do love you and I do miss you and I wish you were here

2 comments:

  1. Well shit. Thanks for making me cry at 4am. You are my favorite person in the world and you always have a home where I am. (By the way, the door to the bathroom fell off the hinges and is now in your bedroom along with all the couch pillows I took away from Scuba Steve.) I want you to come back but I know you are exactly where you need to be right now. Losing my mom was the hardest thing I've ever been through and I'm sorry I couldn't talk about it for a while. I still have difficulty dealing but I'm grateful to have you there for me. I will always try to be there for you as you have been there for me. I love you bunches, wanker.

    ~Nancy Drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. it never ceases to amaise me how good friends can be. I am probibly closer to Nancy than anyone i have ever knowen cept my grandpa. You and I have been through so many trials and challenges yet we both know that we have the others back! I believe only a precious few times in life are we blessed with a friendship so close that even from a distance we are still close. I wonder if you can have a soul mate adn yet be friends?....perhaps this may be another blog post one day

    ReplyDelete