I have always had a time with how people look at me. I also learned a long time ago that if you wish to be noticed dance well. I remember my first dance I was so clumsey adn awkward. but years pass and we learn. now when it comes to dancing to country and western dance Im pretty bad ass. i worked hard to learn the dances and then when i had them down pat I modifyed em to my own thing. i can say this is about the only area of my life i feel confidence thats second to none. Now I am learning a new style of dance. music from the 30's adn 40's its kinda hard to adjust as its just backwards to every thing I know. but after learning east coast swing I have the steps down pat so i am perfecting the moves. its always a confidence builder when one of the college girls asks me to dance.
it has been said that my grandpa was the most smooth waltzer in that time period. I always thought it would be bad ass to atleast be as good or maybe even beter than he was. this dance was the hardest thing I ever tryed but after a few years of not giving up i mastered it! tonight I got to teach a young lady how to waltz and gave her a boost of self confidence like no one ever has. it ws so much fun to be spinning in perfect step infront of many people and make her look like she was the most bad ass woman on the floor! yeah for me i get to feel good!
No comments:
Post a Comment